Wednesday, September 15, 2010

So, you're probably wondering what the heck happened...

I promised you all a post.

I slacked off.

I'm sorry.

See, I occasionally hit a point in my year where I go all floppy. My laundry piles up, my dishes don't get done, and my emails go unanswered. I don't know why, or why it always kicks me when I think I'm doing so well.

Two weeks ago, I was okay. I made another skirt! I started my NaNo plottings in earnest! I helped clean the kitchen and bathroom! I babysat for eight hours! I was standing with one foot on a ridiculously oversized globe and a big lavender pirate-loli flag in hand, while Military Choirs sang the praises of industry and virtue, my hair blown by a breeze in ways that curly hair can't actually pull off. I was a goddamn champion! This was the kind of thing I needed to do!

And then, the morning came. And suddenly, I was all limp and lifeless, like somebody had seen my big old globe and taken a thumbtack to it. I lay in bed one morning and realized that I hadn't done shit in days. I don't know precisely when I'll be over it, but when I come back, hopefully, I'll have more to write about.

See you all soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment